Ok, don't tell me that you have never ever ever had something embarrassing happen to you- because we all know that it just isn't true. Thank goodness that my most recent "humbling" experience wasn't seen by more of the neighborhood. Can you guess what may have happened by the title above? Ok, I'll give you a few more seconds to think about what I am about to reveal.
I came home from church, hurried to get something to eat, used the restroom and was having some problems with my slip. I thought that I had fixed the problem, but later found out that I was mistaken. Rushed out the door to choir practice. Parked the car in the street, walked up the driveway, almost to the stairs and hear this distant voice calling my name. I turn around to see the neighbor across the street running out on her porch to tell me that my dress and slip had a major malfunction and I was mooning everyone who was interested to partake in this feast for the eyes. I hope the sight hasn't blinded her, and her children which were also on the porch, for life. I yelled a hearty "thank you" as I blushed, pulled my skirt properly over my exposed behind and walked into choir practice. Thank you wonderful unnamed neighbor (I don't want to reveal her name in case you want to question her for some reason). I suppose that I would have tried to do the same if I saw a sight like that out my front window as well. All we can do is laugh, and make sure you look at your entire body before you leave the house! (ha ha)
2 comments:
Oh Ann...I've had the same thing happen & was SO embarrassed. I bought a full length mirror the next day and always make sure that "All is Well" before leaving the house.
Thank goodness we can laugh about it or you would die of embarrassment when stuff like that happens!
(two thumbs up for the neighbor)
Okay, this post made me laugh--well written! Thanks for the frosting recipe, too! Also, last night's comment from "Alisa & Tony" was actually from me...I didn't realize I was still signed in under my daughter's email address when I went to comment.
Post a Comment