Thursday, September 10, 2009

Remembering September 11, 2001




My aunt sent me this in an email and I thought that it would be appropriate to share. I went back and started reading my journal from this time period. Our lives were already in chaos when the events of September 11th occurred because we were in the middle of trying to sell our house. The people that bought our house actually came and toured it on the 12th or 13th and I remember thinking, "who would want to be looking for a house to buy right now?". Noah was just a toddler and wasn't even speaking, but he could tell that there was something very wrong as I sat in front of the television all day and periodically could be found crying. This is part of what I wrote in my journal..." So much of our every day lives will be changed from this moment on. Recovery from this event will be slow in coming." What memories do you have of this day in history?



1 comment:

kwgirl said...

I remember watching CNN and thinking it had to be some kind of special effects. We were numb for days. I was so grateful Richard wasn't traveling then...what a nightmare.
I can't even imagine looking for a house! Thanks for sharing the video!

Related Posts with Thumbnails