Saturday, October 3, 2009

Fulfillment of a Desire





Well, for as long as I have known Brad he has expressed some desire to go Sky Diving. Being the loving wife I am, I have always quickly changed the subject since I did not feel comfortable in letting him do this. Last year we came across an indoor sky diving location that made me feel more at ease with the concept of sky diving, so Brad received a gift certificate/package for Christmas last year. When I gave this to him, I told him it was for 2 people and he could choose whomever he wanted to go "fly" with him. I felt pretty safe that he would not choose me since I don't see any reason why anyone would ever want to jump out of a plane unless it was going to crash. Well, my loving Brad chose me to fly with him and yesterday I had to overcome some fears to do so. I feel comforted only in the realization that we didn't actually have to jump out of an airplane and that it was a more controlled environment. Nervous- you bet!!!! I made sure to use the restroom just before so I wouldn't have an accident in mid-air. (ha ha) The kids came along and were not about to miss out on seeing their mom squirm, but now they all want to have a turn.

This video was taken by Joshua- it is not the souvenir dvd.

The souvenir t-shirt, certificate and dvd are great to have so that I can re-live it in mind and not body. WOW- did I really do that?!!!!!!!

So, what do you think? Leave a comment.

3 comments:

Susan Neal said...

Ann! How exciting! I've been toying with the idea of giving this as a gift to Steve and might even want to do it myself. Tell me! How was it? Fun? Exciting?

Jane Walker said...

Ann,
I think you are getting brave in your old age. I would have NEVER done that unless I was with a professional. Kudos to you!!!

kwgirl said...

I'm with Sue...how did you feel AFTER it was done, would you go again? Richard is dying to do this, me...not so much. GOOD FOR YOU!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails