Monday, December 13, 2010

Wii Are Family

We have made it this far in life without having any kind of gaming system in our house. We didn't want our kids to be obsessed with the virtual world and not be a part of the real world. I didn't want my children to choose to not participate in life because they thought that the video games were better than "real life". I didn't want to hear "let's go home so I can play video games" or "I want to stay home and play games instead of...". But Noah and Elijah have been diligent and saved enough money to buy a Wii by themselves. Instead of forever hearing "it's my Wii, I bought it and you CAN'T play on it", we decided to have the whole family contribute an equal amount to purchase it and we set up some rules that the kids mostly came up with to regulate playing time. So far it has worked. I hope that it continues to be a FUN part of our home that isn't overbearing or a substitute for more important things.

1 comment:

kwgirl said...

So now you can get Netflix:)
I think it's great they saved up their money and everyone is "sharing" in the Wii. Technology CAN be wonderful, with rules!

Related Posts with Thumbnails