Sunday, March 27, 2011

Anniversary Trip 2011

I have spent most of the week in bed with Strep and also recovering from our trip or I would have posted this earlier. This year it was Brad's turn to plan something for our Anniversary- and he chose CANCUN. Here is the beautiful view from our hotel balcony overlooking the refreshing pool and gardens.
One day we took a ferry over to Isla Mujeres and this was one of the beautiful views that was placed before me. Another day we took a bus to the other end of the "Hotel Zone" and Brad went snorkeling off the rocks at Club Med. We took a long walk along the beach before catching a bus back to the hotel. It seemed extra long just because I pulled a muscle in my leg that morning as we ran to catch a bus.

We were happy and relaxed and thought the sun was a welcome friend, but we still got sunburned.

On Sunday we decided to take a tour of the Temple...the Mayan Temple of Chichen Itza. After a 2 hour bus ride we first stopped at the Ik Kil Cenote. It was very beautiful, but also very crowded as several bus loads of tourists were deposited there at the same time as us.
We climbed down several flights of stairs to get closer to the water. Brad jumped in while I took a picture.

After visiting the Cenote we had lunch and then visited the ruins at Chichen Itza.



Brad was AMAZED that I got a picture of the main temple without any people in it, as there were THOUSANDS of people there! I was excited to find my souvenir...a carving of the Tree of Life.
So, after 7 days of sun and relaxation, we returned home to the snow. The hotel was wonderful with the evening shows, food, beach and pool. We had a great time! (Hmmmm, I wonder what I should plan for next year?)

2 comments:

stacy said...

Cancun is the best! We have been 3 times- love those cenotes!!

kwgirl said...

So sorry you got strep! I hate when you get sick after a big trip :(
Loved seeing all the Cancun sights, it's been a long time since we were there. Hmmm....you will figure out something fun for your anniversary, you always do!

Related Posts with Thumbnails