Saturday, October 22, 2011

Mustache Bash

This is the year that Josh will turn 16- and he knew that he was entitled to a birthday party. At the beginning of the year he announced that he wanted a "surprise" party. I told him that because he announced that...it probably wouldn't be a surprise. But, being the 'cool mom' that I am (he he), I set out to try and make it happen. We got him to give us a list of friends to invite and things he would want to do at the party- all under the assumption that it would not be a surprise. Then I came up with the theme- MUSTACHES!

We set out a pillowcase for everyone to sign so he could remember who came.

The cupcakes had mustache picks in them.
I made chocolate mustache pops- a big hit! Everyone seemed to have a great time! Josh was definitely surprised and his birthday isn't for about 3 more weeks.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails