Thursday, November 15, 2012

17 years old- how did that happen?

 So, my "taller than me" son turned 17 years old yesterday.  For some reason I have always asked my kids what kind of cake they would like on their birthdays and I find some way to make it happen.  Josh's requests are getting more and more difficult.  This year he wanted a sphere or globe!  What?!
 So I carefully figured out how to make a round sphere and then I had an idea...I could surprise him and make it a Death Star cake instead.  Well, I began making the frosting and then there was this EXPLOSION of powdered sugar all over my kitchen.  No kidding- it was clear across the room.  I cleaned the floor 3 times and it is still sticky.  Then I spent hours trying to bring the whole idea together.
So, about 25 minutes before he came home from school, this is what I had come up with.
He was very surprised and by the smile on his face, I think he was pretty happy with how it turned out.  Happy Birthday Josh!

1 comment:

stacy said...

WOW!!! i mean, WOW! What a great mom you are!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails