Friday, July 19, 2013

California here I come...Part 7

We chose to stay in Alameda.  Each day we rode the BART under the Bay over to San Francisco.  The first day we went and saw where Philo T. Farnsworth was when he invented what we know now as television.  Then Brad said that the guidebooks said that there was a great view and a little park if we walked along this "street" (Filbert street).  How do these city planners get off calling these mammoth sets of stairs a "street"!  No kidding!  We climbed 500 + stairs and then...

We saw THIS sign!  Are you kidding me?  I already climbed enough stairs to get to where I was...but my husband said that "yes" we were climbing there and I couldn't just stay here and wait for them, because we weren't returning this way. 
So, I was tired, hot and sweaty when I reached the top stair, but I did it!
This was part of the view we saw...can you see Lombard Street? (now that is a REAL street, even though it is pretty curvy.)
We caught a bus down to the pier and hopped on our boat to Alcatraz.

A very interesting place and an enjoyable tour with the headsets.



So glad that I never had to live there.
This was the view from where the Wardon's house was.


We enjoyed ourselves even though we did quite a bit of walking and we were already a little tired from all of those stairs we climbed earlier in the day.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails