Sunday, September 14, 2008

Peach Jam

Brad remembers having fun growing up where the whole family worked together happily to make jam, bottle fruit and various other autumn harvest activities. He seems to get very excited this time of year to harvest our fruit and veggies. He tries to get us all together to help. Well, the first part, getting us together, usually works.



Then the craziness begins as sharp knives are waving where they shouldn't be and everyone trying to help do the EXACT same thing at the EXACT same time. Anyway, I don't know how his parents did it, but we have a hard time "having fun" when we try and work together in this kind of activity. We did all survive making 5 batches of peach freezer jam. We'll have to see how it tastes.

2 comments:

kwgirl said...

Ok... the closeup of the jam did me in. I need to go out and buy some containers so I can make some good looking jam like this!

Christie said...

Mmmmmm. Homemade jam. My Grandma taught me how to make jam. I think I will go buy some peaches....

Related Posts with Thumbnails