Remember: If you aren't having fun, you aren't doing it right! This is an attempt to document the comings and goings and everyday life of our family. There are no promises as to how often we will keep up with the blog, but we are promising you will see us as we truly are.
Sunday, October 24, 2010
Happy Birthday to ME!
Today is Sunday. I never get to sleep in on my birthday because my sweet mother always calls early (well, early enough that I can't sleep any more) just to wish her eldest daughter a "happy birthday". My children decided to cook breakfast for me----so hot chocolate, blueberry muffins and a banana to start off the day. Then off to church to be released from my calling with the Webelos and start a new adventure as a Laurel Advisor in the Young Women. Elijah heard them say that they were releasing me from the Webelos and he turned to me and said, with the biggest 7 year old smile, "now they are going to make you MY scout leader". I felt so sad as I told him that I was actually going to be teaching Valesca's class. During the final hour of church I attended the Young Women "goodbye to my most favorite young women's leaders EVER testimony and tear duct production testing meeting". (That means that everyone was crying boatloads of tears.) After church I stayed for choir practice- we are singing in Stake Conference in two weeks. When I finally left the church it was so wet outside that I wondered if I would be seeing Noah in his Ark on the way home. I sat down for a few minutes at home before we left to go have dinner at my mother's home. Thank goodness I didn't have to even prepare one meal for my birthday! My siblings came for dessert and then we were off to arrive home to open the gifts that my kids were DYING to give me. I received some really cool mint/oreo fudge, several packages of Reeses Peanut Butter Cups (YUMMMMMMM!!!!!!), perfume, a basket for my bicycle and a note that said that Brad was going to start working on fixing/building a new shower for our bathroom---HOORAY! Then it was time to watch the Amazing Race on CBS. I finally got a chance to get on the computer and had over 40 people who were wishing me a wonderful day. Guess what, it was a good birthday---a wet, busy, wonderful birthday! Now tomorrow we celebrate Brad's birthday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment