Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Missionary Shower

My niece Alicia has been called as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, and she will be leaving shortly to serve in Romania. My friend Julie and I got together to give Alicia a Missionary Shower. She already had acquired many of the things she would need, but she still had not purchased luggage, so we had people donate money towards that.

I had this cute stamp that I had never had the opportunity to use...so I made little candy bars and cupcake pics.


We had a map on display so that Alicia could show people where she will be serving. (How many of us REALLY knew where Romania was?) We also asked people to share an inspirational thought or scripture.


I think that it was a fun and successful evening. Alicia will be a great missionary!


1 comment:

kwgirl said...

I thought it was a totally creative idea and it was a lot of fun. Cute stamp:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails