8:00 AM- Arrive at the hospital to have tonsils removed.
8:15 Nurse-"Oh, I tried to call you before you left your house, there was an emergency surgery the doctor had to perform and it will be an hour before we can take you back". (A kid had a bean stuck in his ear.)
9:00 Television in the waiting room- "Welcome to our broadcast of the Days of '47 Parade".
9:00 and 15 seconds Nurse- " We are ready for you, come on back".
9:15 Doctor- "When you get all dressed I will be ready for you and we will take you back in just a few minutes", then he takes another patient back into surgery.
Noah gets dressed and waits in the bed in a curtained off area- no tv, no anything...but the doctor said he would be back in just a few minutes to take him in...so we wait. Nurse comes in every once in a while to apologize.
1:01 The Doctor finally comes and takes him back to surgery. Poor Noah is STARVING!!!! Not to mention bored out of his mind!!!!!!!!!!!! Sitting with NOTHING to do, not even a television, for 4 hours! There was no use in getting angry- it would not have changed anything.
1 comment:
Ok, didn't that almost same thing happen to one of the other boys? What are they thinking not having tv? You are a better person than I am, I'm aftaid I would have gotten a little more upset!
Post a Comment